A 23,000 square foot mansion is on the market in Ulverston .
The historic, Grade II listed mansion contains 19 individual apartments, recently renovated to a modern standard.
To get your hands on it, it would cost an eye-watering £5,500,000, which the estate agent describes as an ‘excellent investment opportunity’ for renting or holiday homes.
The mansion was originally built as the family home of the Kennedy family in 1874. Developers Charles Church restored the building, returning it to its former glory whilst internally creating a collection of 19 two and three bedroom apartments. They were rewarded for their efforts by winning Best Refurbishment Project at the 2019 Housebuilder awards.
The apartments are finished to high standard but with an opportunity for the new owners to add their own interior design. Offered as freehold with 4.3 acre land, the mansion would suit a variety of uses `subject to necessary consents’
Situated within walking distance of Ulverston and approached by a beautiful tree line drive, Stone Cross Mansion is built in limestone to a Gothic/Scottish baronial style, overlooking beautiful gardens and tree-lined scenery with some apartments having breath-taking panoramic views over Morecambe Bay and the town’s loved landmark; Sir John Barrow Monument on top of Hoad Hill.
Each property features individually designed kitchen complete with high end branded appliances including; fridge/freezer, oven, electric hob, microwave, dishwasher and wine fridge.
The main entrance hall with its imposing staircase and marble columns has been beautifully appointed to act as a space to relax.
A centralised, individually metered heating system has been installed offering all properties on demand hot water and central heating. The properties have been wired for the latest SkyQ service and fibre optical broadband connections have been fitted. For security, video entry systems and intruder alarms have been fitted as standard.
High above the town on Hoad Hill and clearly visible from Stone Cross Mansion stands The Sir John Barrow Monument, built in 1850 as a memorial to the celebrated statement and local resident.
Click here to view original web page at www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk